ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting 2016
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
Second ASEAN FOUNDATION MODEL ASEAN MEETING 2016
(2nd AFMAM 2016)
"Thematic Area: Protection and Promotion of the Rights of Migrant Workers in ASEAN”
The ASEAN Foundation is organising its Second ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting (2nd AFMAM 2016) to coincide with the 28th and 29th ASEAN Summits in Lao PDR. The ASEAN Foundation is the people’s arm of ASEAN and is mandated by the ASEAN Charter to support the Secretary-General of ASEAN in supporting the ASEAN Community building process.
The 2nd AFMAM 2016 promises an authentic experience to understand ASEAN. It is an interactive process where YOU, the students, will role-play a senior official of an ASEAN meeting and simulate how an ASEAN senior official engages in various ASEAN meetings. You will understand how ASEAN as an inter-governmental system works and will learn about the decision-making process to understand how regional agreements and cooperation are cultivated. It will be an interesting and enjoyable experience!
Take a snapshot peek of the First AFMAM 2015 organised in November 2015 in Malaysia HERE
When and where?
Tentatively the second half of August 2016, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Days 1 – 2 Coaching Workshops on ASEAN
Days 3 – 5 Simulation of ASEAN Meetings
Interested? Read more!
Register as a team!
- 7 undergraduate students (“Team Members”)
- 1 faculty member (“Team Advisor”)
- ASEAN Nationals from universities in the region
- Same nationality in the Team
Students (Team Members)
- 18 to 25 years of age at the closing date of the application
- Undergraduate students from any disciplines
Faculty Member (Team Advisor)
- Older than 25 years old at the closing date of the application
- Academic member (lecturer or teaching assistant) of a department of faculty of a university
Role of Faculty Member (Team Advisor)
- Focal point of the Team
- Lead and guide the Team
- Advise and coach the Team related to content (possessing general knowledge on issues related to protection and promotion of the rights of migrant workers in ASEAN)
- Allocate time to participate in three to five online preparatory coaching sessions
- Provide constructive inputs for the improvement of AFMAM.
- Please register HERE ! For your own convenience, we strongly suggest that you have all the following information and documents of all Team Advisor and Team Members ready at hand before starting data entry:
1. Personal data.
2. Full face photo in soft copy.
3. Letter of endorsement from respective department/faculty/university for each person: free format written on letterhead paper signed by authorised official of your institution verifying the following: a). for Team Members: name, department, faculty, level (undergraduate), and the current semester you are at; b). for Team Advisor: name and current status at the institution).
TEAMS COMPRISING OF DIFFERENT UNIVERSITIES, VARIOUS ACADEMIC BACKGROUND, AND GENDER BALANCE ARE CONSIDERED ADVANTAGEOUS.
ONLY ONE TEAM WILL BE SELECTED FROM EACH ASEAN MEMBER STATE.
What do we provide you with?
• There is no registration or application fee.
• Round trip air travel from the capital city of the country of origin to the venue in Vientiane, Lao PDR
• Accommodation and meals.
On top of these, you will have an exciting experience with us and your peers from other ASEAN Member States. It will be an unforgettable lifetime experience to becoming an AFMAM alumni!
Time will not wait!
Please submit your Team’s application by 13 June 2016, 23.59, Jakarta time. Don’t let go of this golden opportunity of becoming a cadre of future young leaders of ASEAN who are outward looking; developing networks to collaborate and work together.